If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm grateful for slowing down

From this month's Gratefulness.org newsletter:
"If gratefulness did nothing more than to slow us down, it would still be one of the most powerful tools for transformation that the world has ever known."

I am grateful for slowing down and walking home from work today. I encountered three different friends, two that I rarely see, chatted with each, and am happier tonight because of doing so. I'm also grateful for stopping in at The Gypsy. I saw Catherine who just got home from Sweden and is back in class at law school already, and met Travis, a new barista; we exchanged stories about urban living, going to CSU and knowing Norm Krumholz. Thank you to all.

No comments: