If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Anniversaries

Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. They made it to their 59th in this life. I honor their life together by saying thank you for the world that they made better, for giving me life, giving my children life and for breaking a sad Irish tradition of drinking too much and fucking up lives - they had great lives!



Today is also the anniversary of the destruction of the One Ring that led to the downfall of so many in LOTR through greed and misuse of power. In memory I ask, What is the One Ring in our world today? Greed and power are certainly fucking up the world now, sadly screwing working folk and poor folks in this country and throughout the world; and fucking up the earth as we speak. What will it take to get those in power to see the brutality of their way? If only we had a ring to throw into the fire. Meanwhile, speaking truth must be our anniversary flag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.