If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Monday, October 15, 2007

A semicolon a day ...

What would it mean to "Live every day as if it were your last"?

But first, why live every day as if it were your last? Because it could be? Sure. Because it is? Yes again, in the sense that we are never the same, every changing. I never drink coffee, I drink coffee now; I am 30, I am 50 now; my parents live in Lorain, my parents are dead now. Each change a gift that calls for me to be grateful. Each change leads to another - thankfully.

For me these days each day is another opportunity to:
  • Read more poetry
  • Drink coffee
  • Make friends anew
  • Be present to now
  • And most importantly make use of semicolons; not everyone's cup of tea but one that brings me inestimable joy.

No comments: