If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kindness and exploration

Meeting strangers with openess while I travel is an invigorating experience. It reaffirms that kindness brings joy and exploration can expand personal horizons.

My taxi driver here in Dallas last night is a member of the Baha'i faith. I learned more about Baha'i in 20 minutes than Wikipedia could ever have taught me, including a personal experience of an incredibly generous response to loss and suffering.

Ruben, who just brought my breakfast into my hotel room now is professional and kind despite working a job since 6:00 this morning; one that I would run away from.

Where and when today can I offer kindness and the opening for another person to expand their horizon of what they thought was possible in the world?

1 comment:

GWD said...

With your permission I would like to repost this entry on my blog Baha'i Views and link.