If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Saturday, April 28, 2007

A lotus for you, a Buddha to be.

I've heard this expression before, Thich Nhat Hanh teaches it as a greeting. It is very rich in it's potency and latency - how do I act and talk with another who is a Buddha to be?

What never occurred to me is that joining the palms creates a lotus bud. Duh! What a beautiful way to greet another Buddha to be - with a lotus bud and a bow.

Ven. Nhat Hanh says, "As I bow, mindfulness becomes real in me. Seeing my deep reverence, the person to whom I bow also becomes awake... Suddenly the Buddha in each of us begins to shine, and we are in touch with the present moment."

As Jack R. teaches, only raised consciousness and raise consciousness.

A lotus for you all, Buddhas to be. Gassho.

2 comments:

John said...

Good post.

Padma said...

Lovely post! I use that phrase at the end of my mail-outs to subscribers. The first time someone said it to me it did have an effect on me. So I figured I'd pass it on.