If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Friday, February 1, 2008

Calling to speak

I joined with other officers in my company today to review our mission and values as part of developing a new five year strategic plan. There were almost fifty of us.

The conversation was so rich and resulted in some remarkable changes. I wonder why? Everyone in the room is very smart in one way or another. Everyone is very committed to the organization and to our social change mission. But I've been in meetings with the group before and the level of creativity and collaboration did not reach today's achievements.

I think it was because everyone in the room was committed to everyone else having a voice. That respect was clear and it called out to folks to contribute. Without being trite I can say that it was an honor to be part of the event with this group.

No comments: