If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude - Suzuki Roshi -

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Fence for Joy

My brother Sean and I tore down the fence in the back of our yard and put up a new one over the weekend. My love/hate relationship with home improvements was absent on this project because Sean has a ken for such work. I love being the #2 guy to someone who knows what they are doing. And we just have a darn good time working and being together.

Last evening as Bobbi and were talking about this she told me, "Yes, you make a good second lieutenant." I told her that I think when there are just two workers I'm not sure both are officers.

The fence looks great. Our neighbors are happy with it. Bobbi is happy. Sean and I had a joyful time. Amen.

No comments: